Driven by an aim to deliver value through the best-in-class service, at Nexus, we are committed to offer high quality, new-age effective physiotherapy solutions along with effective treatment results in an honest, ethical, and professional manner.
Nexus offers physiotherapy care, rehab, and advice for elderly people. This form of therapy is used to enhance fitness levels, regain mobility, lower pain, and offer additional benefits such as revitalized movements and confidence. It offers solutions on a wide range of issues related to the ageing population. There are many conditions that impact people as they grow older and they include the following:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Balance disorders
- Hip and joint replacement
Physical therapy can also help older adults in dealing with one of the widespread issues, balance disorder. According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, nearly one-third of people over the age of 65 falls each year. This contributes to the fall being the leading cause of injury among senior citizens. It may lead to hip fractures, which in turn, leads to a downward health spiral. Recovery from hip fractures needs hospitalization for a minimum of a week, with approximately 20% of them dying within a year. Unfortunately, the remaining 80% do not return to their previous level of functioning.
Physical therapy at Nexus and guidance from a seasoned physiotherapist can help older adults to remain strong, independent, and productive for their entire lifetime.
Geriatrics at Nexus
The age-related bodily changes need to be identified at the right time. A physical therapist can be a source of guidance for understanding changes in the body and offer assistance for recovering lost abilities, or development of new ones. A physical therapist evaluates the body and develops a specific therapeutic exercise program. This intervention can be useful for prevention of lifelong disability and restoration of optimum level functioning. A physical therapist uses methods such as treatments with modalities, suggests exercises, provides educational information, and conducts screening programs to accomplish a number of goals of a patient. These treatments also include:
- Suggesting devices that assist in achieving independence
- Preventing further downswing in functional abilities through education, various techniques, and joint protection
- Raise, restore, or maintain various motions, flexibility, strength, balance and endurance
- Educate on transfers of body weight, positioning, and walking skills for optimum function and independence
We, at Nexus, offer a variety of services to older people. Physiotherapists work with each person individually, evaluates their unique physical capabilities, and designs specific programs of exercise, education, and wellness for them. We also coordinate with other healthcare providers to enable better care. The search for the best physical therapist ends here.
The combination of therapies in physiology has been offering various benefits to patients such as saving time. The electro-combo therapy at Nexus helps patients in faster healing of damaged or injured muscles and tissues. Various therapies have been combined with relieving pain. Electrical muscle stimulation, interferential therapy (IMF), and ultrasound therapies are combined. The electrical muscle stimulation is carried out to send an electric signal to injured muscles and tissues to activate the pain-relieving system in the body. In IMF, low-frequency stimulations are sent for the healing of damaged tissues. However, ultrasound creates sound waves that travel into soft tissues and enhances circulation in those areas to relax and heal them. The combination of these therapies helps in improving the efficiency of the treatment, following the proper planning.
- S-D Curve
- IFC T (Interferential – 4 Pole)
- IFC T (Interferential – Premodulated – 2 Pole)
- Interrupted Galvanic
- Stimulation of muscles
- Pain management
- Functional electrical stimulation
- Phasic & tonic muscle workout
We, at Nexus, use the state-of-the-art equipment combined with wide experience in usage of equipment to plan the treatment and relieve pain or damage through electro-combo therapy. Experienced physiotherapists are available to provide best-in-class care and treatment. Book an appointment and end the search for the best physiotherapist near me.